New tri Weber engine build.

oneada stang places just went outta biz. Closed 2 stores/wear house/shippers.
Yeah, 103$ is way too much for a lill piecea 'hit. Jaan-e - Let me no if U need prts help.
U can trade me w/pressure cooker prts from France. I hada go to Oz, opposite
side of the world, just cuz they're able to serve me in english. Couldn't figure the
site for english conversion. Shipping twice around the world? a lill 50įøˆ part ended up 20, 30$.
Use my e-mail in the below sig. U can C it underlined at the end there.

Falcon looks like it's really nice! Compared to the stock carb height how much differance are the Wber IDF's

I don't know yet, have to adjust the pipe bends for closer fitment and clearens for linkage and jets / lowspeed adjusters. Will be posting up some pics when done.

I'we seen some discusions about valvespring length and high lift issiuse, now i'm wondering if someone more knoweble in thees maters might help me out some here. How much do one mill down the spring seats for some god spring lenght with an othervice std. Valvetrain. Have stock adj. Rockers, Will need camshaft / lifters ( solid) and spring/retainers to suit 5500-6000 rpm (maybe a tad more), Weber IDF's with 36 or 38 venturis and bottom end to match. Manual gearbox. Sporty drivning on mainly back roads in mind.
I much appreciate the discusions and help on this forum, Great stuf. šŸ‘

OH, and the engine beeing the 200. My newely aqired headers is for a high mount starter, so that it Will be.
The clutch Will be modified flywheel for Mercedes Benz 240D pressureplate.
Screenshot_20210107-224642.png

Some parts I have been specing out for a Ford 200 build with the exception of the valve springs and cam choice these parts, with proper conecting Rod prep, and a good piston choice should be quite capable of 6000 to 6500 RPM.

Cylinder Head Parts

Ford Log Head 3/4 Exhust Port Divider @ Vintage Inlines for $25.00
5/16 PC Type Valve Stem Seals Set of 12 @ Clay Smith for $22.95
Set of 5/16 Steel Valve Spring Retainers @ Clay Smith for $50.00
5/16 7 Degree Valve Keepers set @ Clay Smith for $10.50
Clay Smith recommends for some of their Ford Six cams that the closed valve spring seat pressure be set at 120 to 130 pounds. The Valve Spring I have been looking for is a 302 V8 type Spring with a Dampner they are the old Clastic Inlines part # CSC-200-STY (by Clay Smith Cams) so far I haven't been able to find them listed on the Vintage Inlines site. They have a little more seat pressure at 100 pounds with the Dampner to cut down on the harmonics. Clay Smith might still know of these and if they carry them or one that is a better match for their current cams.

For example for the Clay Smith cam listed below that has .468 gross lift using the 1.5 ratio rocker arms the Valve Springs will need to have a minimum of .528 clearance (more is better) before going into coil bind / or stacked solid and there should also be enough clearance between the bottom of the valve spring retainers and the top of the valve stem seals so they don't touch at the full valve lift of .468 (again more is better) this is when using the 1.5 ratio rocker arms.

For Larger Diameter Intake and Exhaust Valves they are available @ Vintage Inlines and "SI Valves" http://sivalves.com/pdfs/2016-SI-Catalog.pdf
They make several sizes of larger Ford 200 / 250 Six intake valves and one larger Exhaust Valve, Vintage Inlines may also have these though I haven't been able to access their listings yet.

The Intake Valves are the Port Flow Type
1.760 HD SEV-3007-S
1.800 HD SEV-3008
1.840 HD SEV-3008-S
The Exhaust Valve is a Port Flow Type
1.500 HD SEV-2530-S

New Ball and Cup Push Rods for use with the stock 1.5 ratio adjustable rocker arms or the below 1.6 ratio Adjustable Rocker Arms you might need a custom lenght.
The stock 1.5 Ratio Rocker Arm set is available @ Vintage Inlines as a rebuilt set for $275.00
1.6 Ratio Adustabe Rocker Arm Set available @ Vintage Inlines for $350.00 gives a little more valve lift over 1.5 ratio set above.

Short Block Parts

Double Roller Billet Timing Chain and Gear Set Multi Adjustable is top of the line and the best quality @ Vintage Inlines for $129.00
Camshafts & lifters by Clay Smith available @ Clay Smith or @ Vinage Inlines for a reasonable price. There many different grinds that can easily go to 5500 to 6000 RPM in both Hydraulic or Solid lifter types and you might also look at some other choices such as a custom grind from Shindeler Racing Cams. http://schneidercams.com
Example of one Clay Smith Solid Lifter Cam @ Clay Smith it may or maynot be the right grind for your application.
Ford 144 & 170 Stock Solid Valve Lifters @ Rock Auto for about $5.01 Each X 12
Camshaft New Thrust Plate (Optional) If you should need one it's available @ Vintage Inlines for $5.00. if your used thrust plate shows any scoring or other type of damage then it should be replaced.
Camshaft Spacer Ring (Optional) if you need to replace one @ Vintage Inlines now has them new for $14.00. These have been very hard to find until now so if you happen loose your original, or break it, they are also often forgoten and left on the old camshaft during a cam swap.
ARP Rod Bolts (Optional) these Conecting Rod bolts are for some extra insurance. They are not be absolutely nessisary for many street performance builds but if your going to be rebuilding the rods anyway then its a good idea to install them before you have the rods resized.
ARP Head Studs (Optional) some people prefer to use the Head Studes over the stock or ARP Head Bolts.

rick wrench is well known here.
Good list bubba,just need the oil pump, water pump, gaskets, some goo'n that lill white round body (my fav) will B done 8^ )

Thank you sir's!
God Bill Of Material. šŸ‘
No opinion on the milling of spring seats for longer springs, maybe modern beehive ones?
Opinions on longer rods, was it 2.0 pinto rods? Used to be plentifull around here.
My head is a D7 casting, with valveseat inserts, so i'll be sticking with std valvesizes.
The Jeep 4.0 std hyper cast pistons with the D-shaped dish woldn't that make for a Great swap? Hapened to have one short block under the bench, couldn't help but Wonder.
Have some head pics of cleaned up bowls and short turn i Could post, if of interest.
There Will not be Any machining of the head until the intakes are done, and head is still free from cracks.

The D7 is a very decent large log head though now that you have cut the log off that part isn't as important, plus they do have the bigger 1 3/4 inch intake valves. They also have the larger 62 CC combustion cambers that might need to be milled down to 48 to 52 CC to get back some compression depending on the piston and fuel you plan to use, hopefully head is in very good condition. Yes you can cut the spring seats down some if you can get ahold of Billy the Distribitor man "Wsa111" He once had a picture of cut away section of an iron head, showing the valve spring seats thickness I think he also knows about how much they can be cut down. Some also use a sring cup it all depends on the parts you are going to try to use. I don't have any info on trying to use the Pinto Rods in a 200 some are now using the aftermarket Toyota 1JZ rods with a set of custom made forged Pistons. https://fordsix.com/threads/alternative-200-six-connecting-rod.77943/#post-600461
For a NA engine that you building for 5500 to 6000 RPM those rods might be a little overkill, the stock forged 200 rods properly prepared should be more than adequate. Good luck

Found this pic.

Screenshot_20201216-181804.png
Looks like the smal log thou.
About the rods, i was more like, while am at it, why not. Them Toyota rods would be quite pricy. And a bit over the target.

The Jeep 4.0 std hyper cast pistons with the D-shaped dish woldn't that make for a Great swap? Hapened to have one short block under the bench, couldn't help but Wonder.

... not much discussion about the AMC pistons lately. Not sure specs of 4.0 pistons - STD AMC 4.2L/258cid pistons require @ .070 overbore to achieve - 3.75" bore. If curious here's some discussion about their use in my 250 using STD 4.2 L -258cid TRW pistons - from the way back machine -Fordsix.com circa 2006:

Dave Scheldahl (sp?) Falcon Six Performance Handbook author in 2006 on the AMC 258 pistons:
. ...This would put the bore at @ .070 over and raise the piston toward the deck .133 . The specs list the pin diameter of the ford at .9122 and the AMC's at .9310 which could easily be accommodated.
With the .070" overbore the bore is 3.75", stroke of 3.91, a Felpro head gasket at .050", a zero deck height, chamber volume of 60ccs and a piston recess of 21 ccs, gives an ideal street compression ratio of 8.8:1!!! . And, the recess is not "D" shaped, but appears to more closely mirror the shape of the combustion chamber of a small ford six. The dish is more of a bathtub shape

Ford 250: bore = 3.68 / comp distance = 1.5 / dish volume = 13cc
AMC 258: bore = 3.75 / comp distance = 1.633 / D-Sump = .178(?)

AMC piston' 250 small block six / 61 Comet has run great since 2006 no matter how hard I've hammered it. Other than a blown head gasket a few years ago, no major internal maintenance only minor improvements... .

hav e fun

Head in car is a C9 casting with org. Carb, from a Mustang - 70.
As i'll stay with the 200, i see no height issiuse, might even get some low airhorns to fit.
Will be caling some rally engine builders around here to get the head flowed, so i can decide on rev range, rods, pistons, cr and camshaft.
One of them have made a NA Volvo redblock Ohc make 318hp at 8500rpm!!
Was for a rallycross Volvo 240. If my memory serves me right.
More to come..

just got nother 'how do I raise the hood on my typically low hood '60s/70s ford?". It had been awhile so not on my desk top for easy C&P as it was 10 yrs ago (or so). I only missed one but refreshed my mind:
1) body lift
2) low rise carb
3) 2v direct mount
4) a/c housing change (remote, carb hat, drop base, etc)
6) SL (yes, in some cases)
7) hood scoop
8/ Late Mav mounts/towers (also 'slot' or 'egg out' the bolt hole if needed)
If one of these does not work a combo may. Don't forget the trick w/modeling clay. Masgage (heat up) a ball, place a bread bag or other protector on ur air horn (saves carb) and the clay on top, close hood = eyes where U can have none. I went w/the cubes so hada 2 inch higher deck (250/4.1L). Just a fun list for me to do, may B like some guys do cross wrd puzzels? Wanna C if I can fill in the 8 by the time I get to the end. Also useful to some~
I used All but 3, 7 & a picked a 9th (lower towers on frame).

Excellent Enginering jaan-e, your IDR Weber short runner intake is looking great, plus it also looks like there is going to be lots of hood clearance for any 144, 170, or 200 small six's. Building on your concept would like to figure out if this would also fit using a 250 engine in there too. I am really enjoying your Falcon build up best of luck.

Back