New to EEC-IV TFI

danriffle

Hello!

Trying to get a new-to-me 87 E-150 running properly. Thanks to the forum, I have a better idea of fuel injection components.

I've got a miss at idle and some hesitation and fairly terrible mileage (12-13 mpg). I got codes:
12 - hi idle, 25 - knock not sensed, 46 - Thermactor air not bypassed.

I'm starting with cleaning up connectors. In the attached photo, red arrow--is that a ground? Yellow arrow is that the knock sensor?

Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20230304_155342255~2.jpg
    PXL_20230304_155342255~2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Hello!

Trying to get a new-to-me 87 E-150 running properly. Thanks to the forum, I have a better idea of fuel injection components.

I've got a miss at idle and some hesitation and fairly terrible mileage (12-13 mpg). I got codes:
12 - hi idle, 25 - knock not sensed, 46 - Thermactor air not bypassed.

I'm starting with cleaning up connectors. In the attached photo, red arrow--is that a ground? Yellow arrow is that the knock sensor?

Thanks!
Hi danriffle, and welcome to the ford six Forum!

1. The Yellow Arrow is the Oil Pressure Sender Unit, You Knock Sensor is located at the front of the engine.
2. Yes the Red Arrow is one of many Ground it could sure use a good cleaning.
Best of luck on finding all the issues with your 87 E150.

Did you check compression, compare spark plugs, look for vacuum leaks, and check for a leaky injector?
My 88 van had a miss at idle, low power and only 12-13 mpg in its final years with no codes. The best milage I ever got was 17 when it was only 10 years old.

Back