All Small Six Engine codes

This relates to all small sixes
Chad thanks for the info. My engine was rebuilt new pistons and new liners but one of rhe new liners gave up. I have not had the head of. I put a camera down into it and it was mashed up. Guys in machine shop said it 50/50 if it will work and it run for a hour then died.
I don't see a new Cylinder Sleeve in that #1 Bore in your above picture how much oversize was your engine bored out to?

I don't see a new Cylinder Sleeve in that #1 Bore in your above picture how much oversize was your engine bored out to?
That was before they put the new sleave in. I cant remember the size . I remember they said it was the max you could go. They done all 3 liners 3 others were fine.

Doesn't look like a very good machining job. There should have been a small step or Ledge at the bottom on the cylinder walls for the replacement sleeve to register into and so that it can't slip down. instead it looks like they made a ledge only at the top of the cylinder block to me it also looks like they have bored out far to much material from the original cylinder walls then ever should of been necessary this really weakens the blocks integrity unless they would have had it Furnace Braised in place. Maybe they were using the wrong size sleeves too.

take ur time & get better delivery rate?
I got 1 VA - MA 350$ & one TN - MA 350$
(650 mi & 1050 mi)

take ur time & get better delivery rate? I got 1 VA - MA 350$ & one TN - MA 350$ (650 mi & 1050 mi)

Doesn't look like a very good machining job. There should have been a small step or Ledge at the bottom on the cylinder walls for the replacement sleeve to register into and so that it can't slip down. instead it looks like they made a ledge only at the top of the cylinder block to me it also looks like they have bored out far to much material from the original cylinder walls then ever should of been necessary this really weakens the blocks integrity unless they would have had it Furnas Braised in place. Maybe they were using the wrong size sleeves too.
The picture is when they started to bore it out and they stopped half way because the wall broke off.

Hi bubba
I found this in canada code is. C6DE 6015 B what does the B stand for.
Says it's good runner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220814-205945.jpg
    Screenshot_20220814-205945.jpg
    995.7 KB · Views: 12
The last letters in the design code are the number of Revision's or Improvement's to that engine block and will designate how many times the part was improved. With A being the original part design, you might see other blocks with an AA, B, BB, etc. so that part was at least the 2nd and maybe as much as the third design Revision.

The last letters in the design code are the number of Revision's or Improvement's to that engine block and will designate how many times the part was improved. With A being the original part design, you might see other blocks with an AA, B, BB, etc. so that part was at least the 2nd and maybe as much as the third design Revision.
Bubba thank you for the info.

see post #13 for the "Know it yourself" & 2 ways to do so.
Get the head casting #s too.
An ask for it running (vid-by-phone) is not unreasonable.
If "no" U can throw THAT into the decision making process too.

A post '64 means able to upgrade ignition, a post '68 likewise
for carby (so both after that 2nd yr). Read up, it can only help ya...

Thanks chad. The guy sent a video when the car was running and said he took it out to swap for a v8.

not available often enuff. may make it desirable alone (if vid proves it's the same motor, U hear nothing questionable).

I used flee-bay's shipping 2X for motors 1500 and 800 mi away (same price). It's called uShip & you get bids. I responded to each. had created time for the process so over wks the price dropped till 1 said "well what do U want for the job?" TN and VA to MA. One bigger co, one a one guy opperation. Try'n get the seller to hold onto it "a month". Tell him Y. Good Luck~

I will not use fleebay 4 anything I'm not willing to loose the money on (cept large well known companies' items @ lower price/unavailability). I consider uShip as different tho (I even lost $ to e-bay itself).

Hi chad the problem for me is i am in liverpool england and the shipping is a mine field. The cost of the shipping is about 1500$. Then some shipping companies are saying it has to be loaded from a dock and all other kinds. of red tape. Then when i ask can the seller put it in to a crate that can be lifted with a fork lift there not willing to do it. I have given up.

U should C the charges from Oz (to NEusa) for a dollar part. I now go to france as 1/2 way.
I just wanted to highlight the illegality (and dont even no if that line is crossed w/this proceedure).
There I go in other ppl's business ("Dont look. I gotta big nose." aahahahaa) again.

Well I dont blame you for those big parts.
Lill focus wagon (C below). i6 from VA to me. Another from TN... both the same shipping price
(700 mi difference). GB may mean U can use this same uShip? Owned by flee-bay. The 2nd was
in the big city for a wk or 2 and never went the last few mi to me so I went to the "dock" (same story
I guess). They forked it, still ona pallet into the back of the lill rig (close to 500 lbs). Only a lill rip in the head liner:

Sendin all my luck your way brother. It aint easy~

Its crazy there is tax then import duty then the shipping cost. I have got stuff from the usa some thing that costs 50$ will cost me +150$ delivered to my door.

Last edited:
yup, that's Y I served as auto prts exporter but then realized I was doing the illegal. Chit, here in the states we have it similar w/"dealers", distributors, market bottle necks. Merica seems the land of the middle men ("I can make some $ offa dis."). In B2B (business to business) terms alcohol must be purchased thru a "distributor" (new autos, thru the dealier only). The company rec the "gin" from the manafacturer, has it's own trucks that take it to ALL the sales places (in MA you can not have more than a 3 store chain... selling 'gin').

These bottle necks increase cost, slow down product to customers. Often they have no over seas distributor. AutoZone, as I mentioned, has some (mexico, PR, Brazil & VI) BECAUSE they have stores there (I believe). None in GB? U can still buy over the net but must pay the duty (C the 'duty free stores' in airports... "Last Chance" 8^ )

Didnt GB just change (after a vote 3 or 5 yrs ago) considerig 'the Contennent'? Is that adjusted into regularity now? Kinda suck? /or/ A OK? What didd they figure out at "the 2 Ireland's" border?

The british people who voted for brexit basically voted to sanctun them selves. It is a shit storm. Now we have high inflaition. We could move and work in the european union. Now we have restrictions on movment. If you buy somthing from the EU it is now taxed. The billionaires funded the campain to leave the common market with Europe union. The european goverment said in 2019 if you earn money in the EU you pay tax. The uk has a lot of tax doging going on. The people were fed lies by the billionaire news barons and propaganda machine . We were promissed a trade deal with the USA. But still we have nothing on the table. The goverment has now just crashed the economy. You could not make this up. The british needto wake up. The irish border is f***t up.They cant even get that right.
Rant over

"rant"
no I asked it. Wanna hear !

I get a lill of the pic. Wonder if the inflation is mostly the world inflation right now or Brexit. Can U flush out the %s of each?

"...the billionaires funded the campain... uk has a lot of tax doging going on. The people were fed lies by the billionaire news barons and propaganda machine ...."
We have same political w/our last Prez, pre'n post goings on~

What deal intera national would help usa/GB... for GB? Just tarrif and duties, all that? Or more of specific products... ummm. What could help, cross-pond? Our gasoline, oil'n gas or is BP doin all that 'justice' there?
Signed,
Mr Curious

Back