All Small Six Book co-authored by Matt Cox

This relates to all small sixes
Also available here:

I also purchased it.

Last edited:
I saw it early this week. I wasn't aware that it was a new publication.
It ranks high on my to get list.

Got mine, after a quick read, IMHO a VERY good book for a first time builder, a good refresher for the rest of us.
It OK for hop up work, BUT for the full treatment you will need the original Falcon book also. It has more P/Ns and "secret stuff".

yeah, over ata falcon site, didn't know it wuz by our boy Matt tho. No wonder he's so tired gettin home each nite?

Got mine. At least it is readable & photos are clear.
The performance part is lacking, such as longer valves for the VI head so you can take advantage of the superior flow of the VI head over .500" lift.
The distributor part is antiquated. Otherwise i'll give it an 8 out of 10.

I have to go grab one.

Funny I just looked at my Falcon Performance Handbook. It is revision 1. (maybe it is a collectors edition) lol. Time to get a new one of those also.

Get both, add them together & there is a wealth of information.
I don't think you will see any updates on the original Ford Six Handbook. Dennis did all the updates, but was helped from David. CZLN6. Dennis has passed on & have not heard any word from David in several months.

just bumping this topic.

I just got the book today. great information and explanations.

I jumped on buying one the day they released in December 2020, but I didn't receive it until late January due to mailing snafus across the country. I still haven't had a chance to read through it.

Mine showed up today. I appriciate being able to learn some of the inline 6 and Ford idiosyncrasies. Nice to see the engine is still supported with parts and info. My poor Olds gets less love every year from most of the aftermarket.

Received mine the other day. Great book, well illustrated. I'm going to drop it off at my local auto repair (neighbor) and let the youngsters there get a good look at a bygone era.

Got mine a few weeks ago. Very helpful for ideas on my eventual build...for this non-mechanic.

Got mine, after a quick read, IMHO a VERY good book for a first time builder, a good refresher for the rest of us.
It OK for hop up work, BUT for the full treatment you will need the original Falcon book also. It has more P/Ns and "secret stuff".
I agree! I didn’t attempt to “outdo” David and Dennis out of total respect for the Performance Manual. I did include some things that have come out since their book was written though.

Back