All Small Six Ford 200 Performance build help

This relates to all small sixes

akidwithacar

Hello, I have a 65 with a 200 that is the factory motor, I had to remove it because the head broke in the common spot and caused an exaust and oil leak. With the factory motor out and the head broken I see this as a perfect time to rebuild it and upgrade it. As the head is broken I would need to replace it anyway. An aluminum head would be nice but thoes are incredibly rare to come by So I was exploring other options. Could I just modify a US head to have increased airflow? What is the difference from the Aussie head and the US head? I have heard people say to not use an Aussie 200 head, but a 250 head. Not much info on it out there that I could find. My goal would be around 400 horsepower, As I have seen before on these motors. I figured to switch to a four barrel, or a voodoo manifold I saw on youtube with 3 one barrel carbs on it, I thought that was cool. Any advise? ideas? suggestion? any info for more power?

Walk before you run boy! What is the condition of the rest of your car? Are the brakes, tires, suspension, and seat belts capable of supporting a 400 hp motor? Do you have the fortune it will take to get there? Buy a copy of the Falcon Six Performance Handbook, and read it, it will be your best investment.

Walk before you run boy! What is the condition of the rest of your car? Are the brakes, tires, suspension, and seat belts capable of supporting a 400 hp motor? Do you have the fortune it will take to get there? Buy a copy of the Falcon Six Performance Handbook, and read it, it will be your best investment.
Everything is new. Entirely new brake system with a dual, planning on putting discs on it as well, I have put in seat belts with a shoulder strap. It is mostly new parts. This will not be done for a while so I dont need to rush anything. and thank you I will pick one of thoes up

I have heard of people getting around 400 with these motors turbocharged
The naturally aspirated practical limit with a ported aluminum head is 300 hp.
The power band would be from 4000 to 7000 rpm.

You are correct. Beyond 300 hp requires either turbocharging or a good centrifugal supercharger.
Here is a good example of a modified stock head making a lot of power with a turbocharger.
https://fordsix.com/threads/turbo-200-build.74307/post-571218

It is recommended to use an aftermarket connecting rod with a custom forged piston.
The crankshaft can be turned to use the Toyota 1jz rods

If you can find a 250 2V head it would make the job a lot easier.

Last edited:
Back