All Small Six Power steering pump power source

This relates to all small sixes

ActionYobbo

Why cant I just loop a belt around the water pump and power steering pump with out going around the crank? I am in a situation where I am almost ready to start and drive this for the first time and I dont want to pull it all out again to change out the crank pulley and I also dont have a double belt crank pulley. I had planned on running a single belt to do it all but that did not work out.

No reason not to try it. The longer belt route may have advantages in the amount of wrap on the pulleys - too little belt wrap usually results in squeals or slow/no pump rotation when the pump is under load. If it doesn't work, you've not really lost anything.

If you end up needing that extra belt from the crank pulley, Ford made a pulley that bolts onto your existing dampener. That's how they drove the power steering pump ( at least in 1968 ).
DannyG

If you end up needing that extra belt from the crank pulley, Ford made a pulley that bolts onto your existing dampener. That's how they drove the power steering pump ( at least in 1968 ).
DannyG
I did not see any bolt holes in the damper on my motor

Back